Friday 25 January 2008

Stitching Challenge Update


Finally a piccie of progress on the Michael Powell Street design that is one of my 2008 Challenge projects. Started on 1st January all I managed was the little red blob in the middle on the fabric but now I have a whole chimney to be proud of.

Anyway... some thoughts regarding the Michael Powell design. As a kit I have to say that (& I may have mentioned this before) it includes Anchor threads & I really don't like Anchor, after stitching what I have I know that my opinion on this hasn't changed... I still don't like Anchor threads. Ok, next, the chart.. quite clear.. no real problems with that. The design itself, some issues with that but my own doing really. There is quite a bit of Snow on the design & white on white stitching is never great so thats a pain in the butt, the other thing that I am none too keen on is the sky stitching, it's all the same colour & will be a boring bit of stitching.... as I said.. my own doing as it's one of my favourite pictures of his... I'll get over it I'm sure.

You can see an image of the complete design on my gallery site in album 2008 Stitching Challenge: http://www.gregandlisa.co.uk/gallery2/main.php


More progress... on anything...soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.