Sunday 27 February 2011

Where has the month gone?

Can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. I've been having a look around to see what I've actually been up to & it appears to be not alot. I do however have some photos to share with you of some of the things I have acheived... oh yeah & some of the fabric I've bought... yes... more fabric... it's an illness I tell you!!!!

This is the first block in a Block Of the Month (BOM) that has been started at my quilt group, Shirley Quilters. I decided to use the same fabrics that I used to make my pinwheel quilt as I have quite a bit of it still available & thought it would be nice to see a totally different project made with the same fabrics.




I attended a Jelly Roll workshop run by my quilt group early in February. I chose to work from the book Two From One Jelly Rolls by Pam & Nicky Lintott & the design I chose was the Speedwell Quilt. This picture shows the layout of the centre of the quilt. I still need to sew it together & pick my fabrics for the border. The Jelly Roll I used was Lumiere d'Noel by French General.



Here I get to share with you some additions to my fabric stash... yikes... must sew more!!

Fat Quarter Bundles of Eastern Miniatures from Fabric Freedom
in 3 different colourways


Fat Quarter bundle of 3 Lakehouse Penelope Fabrics
From The Little Fabric Store


FQ bundle of Cafe Mocha in pretty pinks, reds & chocolate browns.
FQ of Bite Me by Michael Miller in Lime.
FQ of Aunt Grace Classics Rosebuds in Yellow (RAK gift from shop owner).
Bag of scraps, some of which are soooo pretty.
All from The Fabric Loft


2 x FQ's from the Lovehearts range by Makower UK

Thats me done for this evening. I'll share more soon.

Happy stitching :-)

3 comments:

  1. Giggles a little at 2 pics of makes and 4 pics of buys! ;) A good ratio I feel! Those new fabrics are gorgeous, and I love what you've made too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm just drooling over all that fantastic fabric!!!! Your JR quilt is going to be gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The workshop quilt is looking gorgeous Lisa, and the stash additions are just YUMMY! I love the Michael Miller fabrics especially <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.