Thursday 20 May 2010

My Race For Life & A New Kit :-)

Last week was horrendously busy for me. It was the twins 2nd birthday on Tuesday & just as I was getting them dressed in their lovely party outfits & find that Hannah has the chicken pox :-( nightmare, we have 10 toddlers due in a couple of hours along with their parents. Well lucky enough we had a mixture of party guests that had either A) already had the Pox or B) wanted their little angels to get the Pox so the twins weren't alone. On the plus side Robert got the chicken pox too so after a week of dealing with 2 very unhappy toddlers we are now back to "normal".

Also last week my poorly Aunt lost her battle against cancer & past away. It was a bit of a relief towards the end but obviously still very sad. You may remember that I signed up to the Race For Life this year in the name of my Aunty & it is a shame that she wasn't still with us to see me run that race for her. Less than 2 weeks after her passing & I will be doing my race. It's this Sunday, I hope to do her proud.

I recently bought a nice new cross stitch kit too. "Remember Me" is a wonderful little sampler designed by Diane at Little House Needleworks Exclusively for Elegant Stitch. All proceeds from the sale of this kit go towards research & education in the fight against breast cancer. It's finished into a lovely little cushion which is also part of the kit. Details of the kit can be found here.



Happy Stitching :-)

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your twins. Sorry to hear about your sad loss. A lovely kit to remember your Aunt by. Good luck with your race for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through something similar with my step-son in 1996. All of the neighbors wanted their kids exposed to him so they could be through that part of childhood diseases, lol!

    Sorry about the loss of your Aunty! She will definitely see you run that Race in her honor, if not in the physical, always in the spirit! You will do her proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt :o( I think you're doing a wonderful thing and she'll be with you that day in spirit :o)

    Oh no! At least the Pox didn't last that long. I remember having them but my best friend had them far worse than I did. I still have a few scars :o)

    You got yours already???? I must check the post office today! I hope mine is here :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your aunt. But I am glad you are doing the race for her.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.