Saturday 6 October 2012

YAYYYYY, Finished Quilts

Finally I have not one but TWO finished quilts.  Both of these have been a work in progress for this year & today they were on display at my quilt groups exhibition & I love them both.

The first is Notting Hill Meets New York.  Named because the fabric range is called Notting Hill & the block used is New York Beauty.  This quilt was started in January at the planning phase, final quilting took place in September.
Notting Hill Meets New York


The second is Red & White Waterwheel.  The waterwheel blocks were made by my quilt group & we had a raffle which I won.  Then it was down to me how I completed a quilt using these blocks.  I found that for a couple of years I've been collecting red & white fabric cuts, strips & charms.  I decided that this would be the perfect project to use them, as the strips I have are made of so many different shades & patterns of red that they'd go brilliantly with the mixture of the waterwheels.

Red & White Waterwheel

Happy Stitching :)

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.