Saturday 5 December 2009

Busy.... Busy.... Busy....

So much happening at the moment in my world of stitching... or rather not happening as the case maybe!

Christmas Design SAL - With fabric & threads all ready I made a start on 1st December only to find that the cream I had decided to use was too pale :-( The recommended fabric is a 32ct Belfast Linen but I have quite a bit of linen that I'm working on at the moment so I thought some 16ct would be a bit easier & a welcome break from linens. I've been through my entire fabric stash & don't have anything darker than a cream. I even had my mum go through her fabric stash too & still no joy. Now I can't decide if I should order online or wait until I can get to a shop but I don't know quite when that will be.

HAED, Dragon Riders - After much deliberation I have decided to re-start my Dragon Riders. I only ever managed a fraction of page 1 when stitching on the 25ct over 1 & the more I think about it the reality is that I don't think I'll stitch any more. I've chosen some 18ct aida to re-start on. I know thats going to increase the size of the design dramatically but I have the perfect place for a lovely large picture to hang & how much better could it be than to hang a piece of my stitching :-)

Maybe later or tomorrow I'll post updates on the Festive Biscornu & my Christmas Trees UFO with pictures too. At the moment it's time the twins were up from their nap!

4 comments:

  1. Swooning over all the festive bits though not so sure where I'd put the dragons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you have to restart, but it sounds like it'll be better now. Hope your get your fabric, etc. soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you hate it when you don't have that right piece of fabric in all the stash you have? Ugh!

    Your dragons will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the restart on this. I'm sure it will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.